We care about your privacy:
We will never rent, trade or sell your email address to anyone.
We will never publicly display your email address or other personal details that identify you.
Personal Information held by Venroy may include your:
• full name, email address and mobile number for individuals using the Site;
• residential and business postal addresses, telephone or mobile numbers and email addresses;
• bank account and/or credit card details for agreed billing purposes;
• any information that you provided to us by you during your account creation process;
• preferences and password for using this Site and your computer and connection information; and
• any information that you otherwise share with us.
Information provided to payment gateway providers
All purchases that are made through this Site are processed securely and externally by one or more third-party payment gateway providers (i.e. Stripe, Klarna, Afterpay). Unless you expressly consent otherwise, we do not see or have access to any Personal Information that you may provide to such third-party payment gateway providers, other than information that is required in order to process your order and deliver your purchased items to you (e.g., your name, phone number, email address and billing/delivery address).
How we may collect your Personal Information
At this Site, we only collect Personal Information that is necessary for us to conduct our business.
Information that you provide to us
We may collect Personal Information that you provide to us about yourself when you:
• use this Site, including (without limitation) when you:
• create a user account;
• add information to your user profile;
• purchase any services through this Site;
• complete an online contact form to contact us;
• provide information to us by telephone or through marketing or promotions; or
• send us an email or other communication.
Do we use your Personal Information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may, from time to time, send you direct marketing communications and information about the products offered on our Site. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail, or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us through the contact us feature below, or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
This Site may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Venroy collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. Venroy may also collect and use web log, computer and connection information for security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, this Site.
This Site uses “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file or a packet of information that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. There are two types of cookies that may be used at this Site: a persistent cookie and a session cookie. A persistent cookie is entered by your web browser into the “Cookies” folder on your computer and remains in that folder after you close your browser, and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to this Site. A session cookie is held temporarily in your computer’s memory and disappears after you close your browser or shut down your computer. Cookies cannot be used to run programs.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. In some cases, cookies may collect and store Personal Information about you. Venroy extends the same privacy protection to your Personal Information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources.
• remember your preferences for using this Site;
• manage the signup process when you create an account with us;
• recognise you as logged in while you remain so. This avoids your having to log in again every time you visit a new page;
• facilitate e-commerce transactions, to ensure that your order is remembered between pages during the checkout process;
• show relevant notifications to you (e.g., notifications that are relevant only to users who have, or have not, created an account or subscribed to newsletters or email or other subscription services); and
• remember details of data that you choose to submit to us (e.g., through online contact forms or by way of comments, forum posts, reviews, ratings, etc).
Many of these cookies are removed or cleared when you log out, but some may remain so that your preferences are remembered for future sessions.
Third party cookies
In some cases, third parties may place cookies through this Site. For example:
How we may use your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used in order to:
• verify your identity;
• assist you to place orders through this Site;
• process any purchases of services that you may make through this Site, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• make changes to your account;
• respond to any queries or feedback that you may have;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, this Site;
• conduct research and development in respect of our products and/or services;
• gain an understanding of your information and communication needs or obtain your feedback or views about our products and services in order for us to improve them; and/or
• maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
and for any other purpose reasonably considered necessary or desirable by Venroy in relation to the operation of our business.
From time to time we may email our customers with news, information and offers relating to our own services or those of selected partners. Your Personal Information may also be collected so that Venroy can promote and market products and services to you. This is to keep you informed of products, services, and special offers we believe you will find valuable and may continue after you cease acquiring products and services from us. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know and we will respect your request. You can unsubscribe from such communications at any time if you choose.
When we may disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the products or services you require or for the purposes set out above, Venroy may, only where necessary, disclose your Personal Information to organisations outside Venroy. Your Personal Information may be disclosed to these organisations only in relation to this Site, and Venroy endeavours to take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your Personal Information. These organisations may carry out or provide:
• customer enquiries;
• mailing systems;
• billing and debt-recovery functions;
• information technology services;
• marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
• market research; and
• website usage analysis.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
• your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
• credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• credit providers (for credit-related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
• organisations who manage our business strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our business risk and funding functions; and
• the police or other appropriate persons where your communication suggests possible illegal activity or harm to others.
Contacting us about privacy
If you would like more information about the way we manage Personal Information that we hold about you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy, please contact us by email email@example.com or telephone (Ph: +612 9331 1123).
Access to your Personal Information
In most cases, you may have access to Personal Information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. All requests for access to your Personal Information must be directed to the Privacy Officer by email or by writing to us at our postal address. We will deal with all requests for access to Personal Information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information that is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. We may charge you a fee for access if a cost is incurred by us in order to retrieve your information, but in no case will we charge you a fee for your application for access. In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to Personal Information that we hold about you.
This may include circumstances where giving you access would:
• be unlawful (e.g., where a record that contains Personal Information about you is subject to a claim for legal professional privilege by one of our contractual counterparties);
• have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy; or
• prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
We may also refuse access where the Personal Information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
If we refuse to give you access, we will provide you with reasons for our refusal.
Controlling your personal information
At any time when you are required to fill in a form on the Site, you may select the box to indicate that you do not want your Personal Information to be used for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes and change your mind at a later time, you may request to opt out of same by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correcting your personal information
We will amend any Personal Information about you that is held by us and that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date if you request us to do so.
Our Site is a “general audience” website and not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have unauthorized information about your child who is under the age of 13, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Storage and security of your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised use or alteration. In our business, Personal Information may be stored both electronically (on our computer systems and with our website hosting provider) and in hard-copy form. Firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords, safeguard and protect all of our electronic information. Likewise, we take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of hard-copy information.
Third party websites
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits those users that are California residents to request that we not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing for personal, household or family use. In addition, you have the right to: a) receive information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed, within the past year, personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; b) receive a description of the categories of personal information disclosed; and c) correct or delete your personal information. To make such a request or obtain such information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIRGINIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Notice to Virginia Residents – Your Virginia Privacy Rights: pursuant to the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, users that are Virginia residents have the right to request access, correct or delete your personal information. To make such a request or obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com.
COLORADO PRIVACY RIGHTS
Notice to Colorado Residents – Your Colorado Privacy Rights: pursuant to the Colorado Privacy Act, effective July 1, 2023, users that are Colorado residents have the right to access, correct, delete, and obtain a copy of your personal information on a portable format. To make such a request or obtain such information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.